the shop Image Map

Monday, December 23, 2013

The New Normal

I've never been much for the whole resolution thing. For me it has always felt like general resolutions are set, "I want to lose weight, I want to eat better, be more organized, have a clean house etc." with no plan in place every January 1st. By February  old habits have again taken over and nothing has really ever changed. I know that is not always the case, but it seems to be most of the time. I also never understood why the need to wait until January 1st to make a change in life. It's kind of like waiting till Monday to start eating better. Why not start TODAY?


As I was watching Lily color with such concentration today I really started to think about how excited I am, now that my Christmas rush is over, to start studying and working the things I have a passion for again. This led to me make a list. I'm a huge list person so if there is ever anything in my life that can be listed you can bet it is! Books I plan to read, subjects I want to learn more about, passions that have had to sit on the back burner, this last crazy year, being reignited, new things to craft and sew, places I want to visit it's all there in my neat little list. 

I am ready for a fresh new start, but I'm not going to wait until January 1st. I'm going to start now. I'm going to do the things that are uplifting to me and that I love now, today and then, well then I'd like to blog about them so I can remember all I've accomplished! Sometimes you need to be able to see where you've come from to remember where your going. 

I am so excited for another fresh new start, I seem to need them more often then not. Am I the only one with new plans in mind?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...