the shop Image Map

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Talent For Some, But Not So Much For Me

My husband and I have this problem. We like to take unsightly things and make them better. Or we think we are making them better. 
When we had only been married for about a year and were still in that, "oh how poor can two people possibly be" phase if life we went to the DI. We were in need of some night stands and found nothing. We did find a HUGE "spool". Not really a spool, but that is what it looked like. I know you have seen them, the things that farmers keep mass amounts of twine on. Anyway we purchased the huge spool for about $3.00 and then Mod Podged the center of the spool with wrapping paper that coordinated with our bedroom. We turned the spool on its end and wala a night stand. We were very impressed with our creative decorative abilities and honestly if blogs would have existed then we most likely would have started an interior design blog. I mean we were so good.

Then we had a friend come to visit (this friend will never forgive me for posting this!). We were showing her around our ridiculously small apartment and made our way to our bedroom. She walked in and instantly started laughing. It was then that I realized I may not have the talent in interior design I thought I had. That was okay it wasn't really a passion for me anyway. I am thankful though that I didn't start that design blog after all.

Then Once Upon a Time... I saw this at a thrift store.


Quirky? Yes, but I fell in love and thought I'd try my hand at interior decorating again.

A crazy amount little bit of white fabric and a little love is all this baby needed.


I think my talent lies in sewing not Mod Podging. ;)

What do you think of the transformation? I might be up for a few more, but it could go completely the wrong way considering my history. What about you? Do you have any treasures you've transformed or totally ruined?

2 comments:

  1. oooo!!! I love it!! And it's got such an interesting shape - no arms - love it!! And the bright white is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute....I think you can do Anything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...