the shop Image Map

Saturday, September 8, 2012

One love?

A girl of many overly costly addictions hobbies.

I guess that is how I would describe myself.

 In moving to a new state and having the chance to meet tons of new people I have been asked this quite often, "What do you do, or what do you like to do?" it seems depending on my mood that day I always have a different answer.

 I'm a momma to the 3 most incredible kiddos.
 I love to bake.
 I adore photography.
 I'm nuts about sewing.
 I'm a wife.
 I wish I was a runner (this is only a half hearted wish though since I refuse to do anything about it).

 When I was listing these things to the last kind gentleman that asked me his response was, "My wife likes to sew too. She probably likes it more than you do because it's her only hobby though." I was not sure how to respond at all. It's silly but I kind of felt a stab of hurt straight to my heart. I LOVE sewing and I know there are so many of you that love it just as much or more than I do (even though I don't really find that possible) but I also LOVE all of my other hobbies and responsibilities. I don't feel that since I like to do more than one thing I love each individual thing less.

 I kept dwelling on it all day. It was just one of those silly off hand comments but for some reason I could not let it go. I finally came to that famous "I wish I had said this..." statement. I wish I had said, "You have four kids and I only have three so does that mean I love my kids more than you because I have less of them? No. It only means you and I have been blessed to feel the love in our hearts grow with each new addition to our families. And so it is with hobbies and passions. Our love isn't divided between our passions I think it grows with each additional one we gain." 

 Excessive? maybe. Turns out I'm also a little passionate about defending my passions. :)

What do you think? Am I way off here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...