the shop Image Map

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin spice goodness {RECIPE}

Let me share with you my major fall weakness.

Pumpkin Spice

I buy one of these Mainstays Pumpkin Spice candles every time I go to the big "W" store that I sort of despise, but is closer than any other store so I go to anyway. It smells like fall and I burn it all day long.


I wait every year until this beauty is available.


A Pumpkin Spice Frapaccino is my all time favorite drink! Every year for Christmas I ask for a Starbucks gift card and I save it all year long just so I can use it in the fall on this gorgeous goodness.

If the candle and the drink weren't enough how about these beauties?



Thanks to my little doughnut maker (you can also use a doughnut pan if you'd like) we have made these quite often already this season.



You want the recipe don't you. You know you do. Okay you talked me into it. 

Here's what you need:
 1 3/4 Cups Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/3 Cup vegetable oil (or applesauce)
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3/4 Cup Canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk

for topping:
1/2 Cup melted butter
1 Cup Sugar
2-3 teaspoons Cinnamon

In a medium sized mixing bowl mix flour baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set this bowl aside.

In a large bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, milk and pumpkin. Mix together until it is all well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture and stir just until combined, don't over mix or your doughnuts will be kind of tough.


Spoon the batter into a gallon size storage bag and snip off the corner. fill each doughnut spot and close the lid. bake about 4 minutes or until the done light turns on. :) If you are using a doughnut pan be sure to grease it well, fill the doughnuts spots and bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.


Once doughnuts are complete allow them to cool on a wire rack. While they are cooling melt butter. once cool dip in butter and then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. 

Eat them while they are warm! They are the best that way. If you want to keep them warm for a while stick them in your oven on the lowest temp possible. I did this until my husband got home and they tasted like I had just finished dipping them.

They are just as good as they look. Better even!!


I linked up to this fun new blog I found! Can't wait to try her recipe too!


4 comments:

  1. These look so good... and I will have to buy a pumpkin candle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love them both! I promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these sound delish!! Thanks for sharing AND for linking up to Tuesday at the Table!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure Debbie! Thanks for having such a fun linky party!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...